It’s that time of year again. Time to deck out the house for Christmas!! I love this time of year, but I admit that I’m cutting back my decorating and putting up only the decorations that I really love. We’ve scoured the internet and checked out some local shops for our favorite ornaments this year.
- Double glass ornaments from West Elm $12.83 Super colourful or go with the metallic hues. For a modern, funky tree. http://www.westelm.com/products/double-sphere-ornament-a870/?pkey=cchristmas-ornaments
2. West Elm glass ornament with white feather inside $9.63 These would look fabulous with a lot of crystal. I want them for my black, yes, black Christmas tree! http://www.westelm.com/products/glass-ball-with-feather-ornament-c432/?pkey=cchristmas-ornaments
3. Who doesn’t like a mini chandelier? Look at these ornaments from West Elm $17.11 http://www.westelm.com/products/elaborate-chandelier-a872/?pkey=cchristmas-ornaments
4. Love this bronze coloured mercury glass. These ornaments from Crate and Barrel would look great paired with orange or apple green. And they are a great price at $2.95 http://www.crateandbarrel.com/holidays/christmas-ornaments/antique-glass-bronze-grooved-onion-ornament/s664921 Mix them up on a tree with these from Crate and Barrel http://www.crateandbarrel.com/holidays/christmas-ornaments/antique-glass-copper-textured-dot-ball-ornament/s249117 Also $2.95 each!
5. Ok, I have a thing for feathers, so I absolutely adore this collection from Crate and Barrel. There are three different sizes and they range in price from $2.95 to $3.95 http://www.crateandbarrel.com/holidays/christmas-ornaments/teardrop-ornament-small-with-peacock-feather/s675485 I would put these on a white, flocked tree with silver and Tiffany blue ornaments. Stunning!!
- Antique glass turquoise grooved onion ornament $2.95
Antique glass silver ribbed glitter ball, Crate and Barrel $5.99
6. Set of three polka dot vintage looking ornaments $8.95 http://www.crateandbarrel.com/holidays/christmas-ornaments/set-of-3-antique-glass-polka-dot-ornaments/s391037 Love the dots!
7. Glitter frame ornament. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/german-glitter-frame-ornament/?pkey=cornaments-trim-holiday $16.18 This is a bit of a splurge for an ornament, but maybe you just hang a select few in your tree. Update the frames yearly with new pics. Love the glitter!
8. I love sparkle on a tree! http://www.potterybarn.com/products/teardrop-jewel-snowflake-ornament/?pkey=cornaments-trim-holiday $11 This snowflake will shine!
9. Flock up your tree with these owl ornaments! http://www.westelm.com/products/owl-ornament-white-c584/?pkey=cchristmas-ornaments $6.42 There’s something calming about owls and these ornaments will give your tree an organic feel. But don’t hesitate to add in some sparkle.
10..These are completely different owl ornaments http://www.zgallerie.com/p-8319-white-owl-ornament.aspx $12 Love the sparkle on the beak and eyes. Would look fantastic on a white tree! Note that they are 10” tall, so you really only need a few.
11. Mini glass ornament set – 6 for $24 http://www.zgallerie.com/p-11499-mini-glass-ornaments-set-of-6.aspx Comes in silver, red or turquoise.
12. These glittery, sparkly ornaments make a huge statement, ranging in size from 7” to 11” The antique silver hangers are stunning! $16 http://www.zgallerie.com/p-11399-abigail-ornaments.aspx I found two fairly similar ornaments at HomeSense recently
- Mercury glass & crystal ornament from HomeSense $5.99
13. It’s for the birds…I don’t know what I love about birds, but maybe because you may actually find them in a tree!!! Here are a couple that I found locally at HomeSense and at Hudson Madison http://hudsonmadison.com/