My name is Pam Ratzlaff. I’m 40-something years old, but who’s counting?? I am a wife, mother of three, sister, daughter and friend…and to round it out…one pretty darn good shopper. I LOVE a good deal!!!
The method to my madness:
Hone in on what I need, ok, maybe just want..is there a difference?
RESEARCH! I will research and find the item of choice for the best possible price out there…I’m not above spending hours in Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Winners, Century 21…and so on and so on!
Make the purchase… and I always come out with high end goods for amazing steals. My most recent score: $550 pair of Rag and Bone booties for $90! Not bad, hey?
I also LOVE great food…and here’s an area where I’m willing to splurge! Before travelling, I spend hours researching to find out the best eats in town, including the “off the beaten track” local faves. I’m known to get asked for my “black book” of eateries frequently by jet-setting friends…and now I share it with the masses!
My background in interior design has lead me to hunt for deals to replicate looks that you often see on design shows and in magazines…for a fraction of the cost. Some may call me cheap, but why pay more than you have to? What’s better than a sweet deal?
Pam’s Plum Picks
- Jason, my hubby of 17 years, my greatest cheerleader and one of the best male shoppers I know!
- My three kids, Berkeley (14), a foodie after my own heart, Dylan (12), a budding fashionista and Maguire (10), my second greatest cheerleader
- Dance mom and hockey mom
- Fro-yo….I’m obsessed….I could have it three meals a day!
- Anything chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven!
- A mean Americano…no room
- Kate Spade iPhone cases
- Its’ all about the arm party….stack ’em up!
- J Crew necklaces
- Leopard and camo are neutrals…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
- Rag and Bone booties….a crazy splurge, but SO comfortable & cute
- Michael Kors watches…go big or go home!
- New York City…I just can’t get enough of it!